Visual 2017 is a free upgrade to all 2012 users with an active subscription.
Visual 2017 includes major calculation and rendering speed improvements, as
well as increased functionality.
- Program updated to run on Windows 10 & Windows 8
- Faster calculations and rendering using multi-threaded engine
- Import PDF files or Google Map satellite images as design backgrounds
- RealDWG from AutoDesk to improve importing of DWG/DXF files
- Illuminance Recommendation Tool
- Light Loss Factor Calculator
Installing Visual 2017
- After the setup file has been downloaded, close all Windows programs and double-click
the setup file.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Visual 2017 Download (Full Installation)
Tuesday, November 07, 2017
MB, includes program files and help files
[All files will be automatically installed]
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Dual or Quad Core (2.4 GHz minimum) 32 or 64 bit
- Memory: 2GB minimum, 4 GB recommended
- Video Card: 512MB RAM, 2GB recommended, supports Open GL
- Hard Drive: 1GB available space
- Virtual Memory: Minimum set to 3000 MB
Can I install Visual 2017 on Windows 10?
For Visual 2017 to work properly on Windows 10 some users will need to set the
Compatibility Mode of the Visual 2017
executable file and may need to disable the
DEP (Data Execution Prevention).
Can Visual 2017 be installed on a computer with Visual 2012?
Yes, Visual 2017 can be installed side by side with Visual 2012; you do not need to uninstall Visual 2012.
Visual 2017 will open Visual 2012 files and Visual 2012 will open Visual 2017 files. Background images/pdfs
will not be visible in 2012.
Is there a free trial period for Visual 2017?
Yes, if you do not have a license for Visual 2017 then you will automatically receive a free 30 day trial
period. When you login to your Visual account, you will receive one free Trial License and Activation Code
for Visual 2017. When you start Visual 2017 you will be prompted to enter the Activation Code. After 30 days,
Visual 2017 will convert to DEMO mode with limited functionality.
Visual 2017 employs an internet-based license that will be managed and stored on the Acuity Brands servers.
A single Internet License allows you to use Visual on multiple computers, in the office and at home.
An Internet License for Visual 2017 will be an annual subscription service. An annual subscription fee
provides one seat of an Internet License that can be shared among multiple users. Companies can purchase
additional seats per Internet License if they need multiple users to access the software at the same time.
Unlimited technical support and software updates are included for the duration of the subscription period.