Visual 2016 is a free upgrade to all 2012 users with an active subscription. Visual 2016 includes major calculation and rendering speed improvements as well as increased functionality.
- Program updated to run on Windows 10 & Windows 8
- Faster calculations and rendering using multi-threaded engine
- Import PDF files or Google Map satellite images as design backgrounds
- RealDWG from AutoDesk to improve importing of DWG/DXF files
- Illuminance Recommendation Tool
- Light Loss Factor Calculator
Installing Visual 2016
- After the setup file has been downloaded, close all Windows programs and double-click
the setup file.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Visual 2016 Download (Full Installation)
Thursday, June 23, 2016
MB, includes program files and help files
[All files will be automatically installed]
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Dual or Quad Core (2.4 GHz minimum) 32 or 64 bit
- Memory: 2GB minimum, 4 GB recommended
- Video Card: 512MB RAM, 2GB recommended, supports Open GL
- Hard Drive: 1GB available space
- Virtual Memory: Minimum set to 3000 MB Learn how to change your virtual
For a complete list of all the changes to the Visual program, view the
Can I install Visual 2016 on Windows 10?
For Visual 2016 to work properly on Windows 10 some users will need to set the Compatibility Mode of the Visual 2016 executable file and may need to disable the DEP (Data Execution Prevention).
Can Visual 2016 be installed on a computer with Visual 2012?
Yes, Visual 2016 can be installed side by side with Visual 2012, you do not need to uninstall Visual 2012. Visual 2016 will open Visual 2012 files and Visual 2012 will open Visual 2016 files. Background images/pdfs will not be visible in 2012
Is there a free trial period for Visual 2016?
Yes, if you do not have a license for Visual 2016 then you will automatically receive a free 30 day trial period. When you login to their Visual account, you will receive one free Trial License and Activation Code for Visual 2016. When you start Visual 2016 you will be prompted to enter the Activation Code. After 30 days, Visual 2016 will convert to DEMO mode with limited functionality.
Visual 2016 employs an internet-based license that will be managed and stored on the Acuity Brands servers. A single Internet License allows you to use Visual on multiple computers, in the office and at home. An Internet License for Visual 2016 will be an annual subscription service. An annual subscription fee provides one seat of an Internet License that can be shared among multiple users. Companies can purchase additional seats per Internet License if they need multiple users to access the software at the same time. Unlimited technical support and software updates are included for the duration of the subscription period.