Visual 2.6 Release Announcement
RT5™FAMILY EXPANDS TO DOWNLIGHTING
The Visual Development Team is pleased to announce the release of the Visual 2.6 lighting design software. Please download and use the Visual 2.6 release for your lighting design projects.
Visual 2.6 includes a major update to the lighting calculations. The lighting calculations have proven to be 10 to 100 times faster than previous releases of Visual for complex lighting projects.
This new engine is the result of 18 months of development and intense testing. Visual 2.6 is a free upgrade for existing Visual users.
|Visual 2.6 incorporates advances in computational techniques to dramatically decrease calculation time, increase accuracy and improve user productivity.
- Direct calculations are always performed with the actual extent of the luminaire. A luminaire is never assumed to be a point source or collection of point sources.
- Interreflected calculations are performed with a higher level of accuracy
- Luminaires block and reflect light for direct and interreflected calculations
- Calculations are controlled by sophisticated algorithms to eliminate the need for the user to adjust calculation settings.
- Multiple rooms can share walls, floors or ceilings with other rooms without significantly increasing the calculation time. This allows you to build your design the way you work.
|Based on these changes, you will see calculated values in Visual 2.6 that are more accurate than previous releases of Visual.
Why did we build a new calculation engine for Visual?
- The Visual Customer Survey in 2006 identified faster calculation speed as the highest development priority.
- The new calculation engine will support the development of rendering and daylighting calculations in a future release of Visual.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 processor, AMD Athlon 64 or AMD Opteron (2.0 GHz minimum)
- Memory: 512 MB minimum, 1 GB recommended
- Hard Drive: 30 MB to 120 MB available space
- Virtual Memory: Minimum set to 1500 MB. Learn how to change your virtual memory.
||Note: The Visual setup will automatically verify if your computer has the proper processor requirements and Windows permissions to install Visual 2.6.
The RT5D is the perfect companion to our RT5 family of volumetric lighting products. Eliminating the glare or cave effect of traditional downlights, RT5D is the ideal solution for corridors, lobbies, conference rooms and private offices. In addition to its sleek design and spacious light, customers will appreciate the lower energy costs and fewer maintenance needs — making the RT5D series the perfect partner to RT5 recessed lighting!
RT5D BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Comfortable volumetric lighting that eliminates shadows and cave effect
- Clean, distinctive appearance that enhances the space
- Robust die-cast construction will withstand shipping and job-site handling
- Compact design does not overwhelm the space
- Ideal for shallow plenums - only 4.5" deep
- 30% energy savings compared to standard two-lamp, 26-watt CFL downlights
- Multi-watt ballast allows application flexibility
- Stocked in SEDC and WRDC for quick delivery