Visual 2.06.0236 (11/06/2013)
1. Calc Engine updates.
2. Updated CAD import components.
Visual 2.06.0235 (07/17/2013)
1. Calc Engine updates.
Visual 2.06.0234 (04/08/2013)
1. Fixed: Statistics Summaries not displayed.
Visual 2.06.0233 (04/04/2013)
1. Added: Program version now displayed in main title bar.
2. Engine Fix: Small amount of light leaking out of rooms in certain circumstances.
3. Changed: Print Editor Statistics no longer display Inactive Calc Zones.
Visual 2.06.0232 (03/18/2013)
1. Engine Fixes.
2. Supports AutoCad 2013 DXF/DWG file format.
Visual 2.06.0229 (09/10/2012)
1. Engine Fixes.
2. Large coordinates warning added.
Visual 2.06.0227 (08/22/2012)
1. Engine Fixes.
Visual 2.06.0226 (08/02/2012)
1. Engine Fixes.
Visual 2.06.0225 (07/25/2012)
1. Engine Fixes.
Visual 2.06.0224 (06/22/2012)
1. Engine: Fixed direct calc problem with asymmetric distributions.
2. Engine: Fixed problem with active luminaire faces not being turned on for certain distributions.
Visual 2.06.0217 (10/13/2011)
1. Got rid of King Orange.
2. Fixed CAD import crash.
Visual 2.06.0216 (10/12/2011)
1. Fixed problem with labels at aimpoints for multi-headed luminaires.
2. Migrated to Visual 2.7 calc engines.
3. Fixed error when importing large luminaire schedules.
4. Fixed error with luminaire aim points resetting during a Move command.
Visual 2.06.0215 (08/25/2010)
1. Fixed asymmetric TV calc zone problem.
Visual 2.06.0213 (06/02/2010)
1. Fixed mirrored calc zone text in exported CAD files.
Visual 2.06.0186 (06/23/2009)
1. Fixed error in LT_Photom.dll due to international regional settings in Windows
Visual 2.06.0185 (06/16/2009)
1. Added the ability to insert sensors into Visual via the luminaire schedule
Visual 2.06.0173 (04/29/2009)
1. Fixed error in calculation engine (FormFactor.exe) for form factors between small surfaces
Visual 2.06.0172 (04/23/2009)
1. Fixed error in calculation engine (ShapeMesher.exe) tolerance issue for a slightly sloped horizontal surface
2. Fixed error with luminaire templates that caused luminaires to draw as red (error introduced in 2.06.0171)
Visual 2.06.0171 (04/08/2009)
1. Updated Mirror Command: Recoded the mirror command to properly mirror single and multiple luminaires
2. Updated LT_Photom.dll: Changed to character-based parsing of photometric files to handle nix-style linebreaks
3. Updated LT_Photom.dll: Fixed reading photometric files with trailing or leading tabs
4. Updated LT_Photom.dll: Fixed erroring in reading IESNA91 files. Files were improperly treated as IESNA95 files.
Visual 2.06.0143 (07/02/2008)
1. Improved performance of IES file dialog when browsing folders.
2. Bugfix: Fixed error handling corrupt solid entities on file open.
Visual 2.06.0142 (06/24/2008)
1. Added AutoCAD 2008 DWG export
2. Bugfix: Fixed error in calculation engine with blocking surfaces and luminaire in close proximity
Visual 2.06.0141 (06/19/2008)
1. Bugfix: Fixed error in mirroring luminiaires that had an orientation or tilt set in the Luminaire Symbol Editor.
2. Bugfix: Fixed error in calculating initial flux when a structure is not closed.
Visual 2.06.0118 (11/30/2007)
1. Bugfix: Fixed Maximum Illuminance Spill calcuations. Visual 2.5 only used the direct component of light for max spill calculations, Visual 2.6 will use both the direct and interreflected components (if applicable).
2. Bugfix: Fixed error in calculating the normal of a certain surfaces.
3. Bugfix: Fixed error in calculating illuminance with a normal in the plane of the calculation zone.
4. Bugfix: Updated CAD import/export component. Fixed error in lighting calculations with distribution of initial flux from luminaires onto surfaces.
5. Bugfix: Fixed error in calculations generated by surfaces with zero area.
6. Bugfix: Fixed error in Roadway Tool in Threshold calculation. Fixed error in calculations when writing data to a scratch file to support rendering.
7. Bugfix: Increased speed of lighting calculations for large projects (primarily in reading/writing calculation files). Fixed file dialog to default to Detailed view.
8. Bugfix: Added AutoCalculate command to Calculation menu and toolbar. Modified calculation engine to perform a simplified auto-calculation.
9. Bugfix: Fixed AutoCalculate command to display recalculated values.
10. Bugfix: Fixed AutoCalculate to only calculate for required commands. Fixed About screen, OK button is displayed so screen can be closed.
11. Bugfix: Fixed error in interreflected lighting calculations. Fixed error in displaying calculation error messages.
12. Bugfix: Fixed error importing DWG files with associated XREF files. Fixed error in LEED Trespass calculations. Fixed autocalculate error with Visual Basic Edition.
13. Bugfix: Fixed error in lighting calculations for complex sloped structure.
14. Bugfix: Fixed error in lighting calculations for certain orientations of the luminaire to the calculation zone.
15. Bugfix: Fixed installation issues on computers without previous releases of Visual installed. Added Automatic Update to check for new releases of Visual.
Visual 2.05.0005 (09/21/2006)
1. Bugfix: Photometric webs are drawn incorrectly when input units are meters.
2. Bugfix: Aim lines are shown pointing straight down instead of in the correct direction in the Print Editor.
3. Bugfix: A single luminaire with a tilt set greater than zero degrees in the Symbol Editor does not reaim properly.
4. Bugfix: An error occurs if you try to reaim a single luminaire after reaiming a multi-headed luminaire.
5. Bugfix: File dialogs are slow when accessing network folders. Temporary resolution: added an option to use standard Windows dialogs in the Options Form.
Visual 2.05.0000 (04/13/2006)
1. Bugfix: Luminaire file dialog not sorting catalog numbers correctly.
2. Bugfix: Power Density units only display square feet in Statistics window.
Visual 2.04.0057 (04/05/2006)
1. Bugfix: Unable to read the Toolbar XML file with International settings
Visual 2.04.0056 (04/04/2006)
1. Bugfix: Updating a PowerDensity Zone from the menu did not work properly
2. Bugfix: Customize dialog would crash the software if Toolbar file was set to Read-Only
3. Bugfix: Print Editor - Selecting the Page tab to change the active page while inserting an object would crash the software
Visual 2.04.0055 (03/27/2006)
1. Bugfix: Updating a snapshot turns any inactive object's status to active and invisible.
2. Updated CAD import libraries.
3. Bugfix: Selecting a Zoom Window would snap to Object Snap locations
Visual 2.04.0053 (02/24/2006)
1. Bugfix: Combining stats crashes if any selected items are scrolled out of the viewable area.
2. Bugfix: DYnamic Pan and 3D Orbit not properly redrawing
3. Bugfix: Redo not working properly for Join Command
4. Bugfix: "C" Key not changing the selection window from solid to crossing
5. Bugfix: Snap Shot Update not retaining initial selected objects
6. Dynamic Pan - Hold MouseWheel to execute dynamic panning
7. Bugfix: Able to select multiple surfaces for Power Density Zones and Stat Zones
8. Bugfix: ActivePlane not drawing properly due to bug in Dynamic Modes (timer)
9. Bugfix: Distance readout for Distance command not keeping the information after a mousemove due to bug in Dynamic modes(timer)
10. PageDown and PageUp call MouseDown and MouseUp code
11. The keypad can be used to change views in the Design Environment
Visual 2.04.0052 (01/17/2006)
1. Added Flatten command to Modify menu - now supports selection and Undo.
2. Added version number to Toolbar XML files
3. Bugfix: Pressing the "P" key during selection would activate the Zoom Previous command
4. Bugfix: Pressing the "A" key during selection would activate the Zoom All command
5. Bugfix: 3D Orbit and Pan would sometimes activate without holding the Shift or Ctrl keys
Visual 2.04.0051 (12/16/2005)
1. Bugfix: EULUMDAT files with multiple "standard lamp sets" are being handled improperly. Visual now uses only the first lamp set for its photometric parameters.
2. Added Dynamic 3D Orbit (Ctrl+MouseMove)
3. Updated Options form with dynamic modes.
Visual 2.04.0050 (12/08/2005)
1. Added XML files to load the Menus and Toolbars for Basic Edition and Professional Edition
2. Added Customize screen to assign keys to commands
3. Added Dynamic Pan (Shift+MouseMove) and Dynamic Zoom (MouseWheel). Added Dynamic Pan and Dynamic Zooom to View menu.
4. Added Orthogonal and Snap to Tools menu
5. Added Knowledgebase, Training, and Videos to Help menu
6. Added support for diffuse transmittance (interreflected calculations only). New transmittance property for surfaces in Properties Form.
7. Bugfix: Overlapping solids not removed during calculations.
8. Added button to hide collapsed items in Statistics window.
Visual 2.04.0040 (10/17/2005)
1. Bugfix: Average/Min ratio is not using rounded values for the calculation.
2. Added Join command.
3. Added Group command.
4. Added Flatten command (Ctrl+F).
Visual 2.04.0038 (09/13/2005)
1. Fixed graphical alignment issues.
2. Removed updated aiming code in file open.
3. Changed "R" hotkey from Redraw to Rotate.
Visual 2.04.0037 (09/07/2005)
1. Updated icons.
2. Removed Sheridan ActiveThreeD controls.
Visual 2.04.0036 (09/02/2005)
1. Bugfix: Symmetric photometry not mirrored properly.
2. Updated Visual icons.
Visual 2.04.0035 (08/16/2005)
1. Roadway Tool: Added option to exclude luminaires that are outside of the pavement reflectance table limits from luminance calculations.
2. Roadway Tool: Added exe version to file header.
3. Updated the Options Screen, Properties Screen and Template Screen. Removed third-party components.
4. Moved Array, Copy, Mirror, and Extrude commands to the Modify menu.
5. Print Editor: Replaced Page navigation toolbar buttons with tabs.
6. Bugfix: Error when exporting a Power Density Zone with a custom color from the Model Environment.
7. Bugfix: Error in the photometric mirroring code, symmetric fixtures with nonuniform angular increments were not mirrored properly.
Visual 2.04.0034 (07/29/2005) - BETA
1. Bugfix: Can't type a "." as the first character in the Scale input field on the Properties Bar.
2. Bugfix: Changing surface reflectance in Properties Form doesn't affect calculated values in rare circumstances.
3. Bugfix: Setting RT Convergence factor to lowest value throws engine into an infinite loop.
4. Bugfix: Floating-point error accumulates in the single fixture aiming code.
5. Bugfix: Polygon clip to line routine incorrectly handles the last vertex when linking vertices in certain situations.
6. Bugfix: Type C interpolation doesn't use the correct angles for photometry with nonuniform horizontal angle step sizes.
7. Added options to control RT mesh density and display.
8. BETA: Testing direct calculation transmittances - Update: This feature has been deprecated.
Visual 2.04.0033 (6/20/2005)
1. Bugfix: Inactive toolbar icons are not "grayed out".
2. Bugfix: Opening Visual files containing aimed luminaires invalidates calculations.
Visual 2.04.0032 (6/03/2005)
1. Bugfix: Visual displays a "Form Factor Error" while calculating. Fixed a divide by zero error in m_visual_Engine_FFs.FFAlignedParallelRectangles.
2. Roadway Tool: Fixed rounding issues in the compilation of the results.
3. Roadway Tool: Changed TI calc to return n/a if avg luminance is not between 0.05 and 5 cd/m^2.
4. Bugfix - Roadway Tool: Fixed CIE veiling luminance calculations - the 20d cutoff plane was incorrect.
5. Bugfix - Roadway Tool: Unable to open RWT files if Regional Setting is using a decimal separator other than a "." .
Visual 2.04.0029 (5/23/2005)
1. Bugfix: Unable to enter coordinates in the Command Line to define Power Density Zones.
2. Press "CTRL + E" key to export a selected Calculation Zone from the Statistical Window to a CSV file.
3. Bugfix: Visual crashes in various locations when using a photometric file with a 0 in the lamp lumens field. Solution: Added support for absolute photometry in calc engine and schedule. Now treats any file with lamp lumens <= 0 as absolute.
4. Bugfix: Axis entities cannot be added to snapshots.
5. Added Calc Zone center point display to Properties form.
6. Bugfix: Visual ignores some solid surfaces during interreflected calculations.
7. Bugfix: Cannot change decimal precision on Combined Statistical Zone. Solution: Right click on Combined Stats in Statistics Window to change decimal precision.
8. Bugfix: Visual does not calculate correctly when using photometric files with 90-270 symmetry.
9. Bugfix: Luminaires set to Invisible are being drawn in white in the Print Editor and may obscure underlying objects.
10. Bugfix: "Continue with Trial Period" button not displayed after resetting trial period.
11. Bugfix: Entering an Error Reset code does not reset the activation.
12. Bugfix: Luminaires with a symbol scale greater than one and a nonzero fixture offset are not aimed correctly.
13. Autosave files are no longer deleted after a successful file recovery.
14. Roadway Tool: Added Export to CSV functionality (under File menu).
15. Bugfix - Roadway Tool: TI column spacing on printout reads "10", it should read "--".
16. The setup program now gives the user the option to archive their old photometric files.
17. The Page->Export menu item has been moved to File->Export.
18. The Print selection dialog now goes away after clicking the OK button.
Visual 2.04.0020 (2/10/2005)
1. Bugfix: Importing 2004/2005 DWG file on some systems throws "File open failure. ActiveX component can't create object."
Visual 2.04.0019 (2/4/2005)
1. Bugfix: Importing CAD file on some systems throws "Method ~ of object ~ failed" or "Import was canceled or failed due to an unexpected error."
2. Bugfix: Changing status of Calculation Points layer when exporting from print environment has no effect on whether the calculation points are exported.
Visual 2.04.0014 (1/31/2005)
1. Bugfix: Trim/Extend not working with background objects.
2. Changed contour button icon on Options Form.
3. Now defaulting Array z-spacing/quantity field to 0, was 1.
Visual 2.04.0013 (1/25/2005)
1. Array button added back to toolbar, Text button removed.
2. Bugfix: Trim/Extend not working when a Room/Structure surface is used as the boundary edge.
Visual 2.04.0012 (1/10/2005)
1. Bugfix: Calc zone not being displayed in Statistics Window after being turned from Off to On in Properties Form.
2. Bugfix: Crash when exporting Titleblock with no logo file.
3. Bugfix: Power Density Zones don't Update.
4. Normal axis value is now always set to zero when Mouse Plane changes due to view direction.
5. Bugfix: "Unexpected end of file" error when importing CAD file that is missing XREF(s).
Visual 2.04.0011 (1/5/2005)
1. Alphabetized items in Print Editor
2. Modified toolbar buttons and images
3. Export : Moved layer dialog ahead of file dialog, added cancel functionality to layer dialog.
4. Export : Fixed bug where calc values of -1.0 were being exported.
5. Roadway Tool - Updated calculations to reflect errata changes to RP-8-2000.
Visual 2.04.0010 (12/13/2004) 2.4 Beta 1
1. Fixed text vertical alignment issues
Visual 2.04.0008 (11/16/2004)
1. Fixed contour symmetry problem.
2. Fixed calculation zone erase problem.
Visual 2.04.0007 (11/07/2004)
1. Added single point masking.
2. Added rectangle and surface creation options for masks and stat zones.
3. Can change color and decimal precision of power density zones.
4. Can change decimal precision of calc zones from DPB and Stats window.
5. Fixed infinite loop bug in calc engine.
Visual 2.04.0005 (8/19/2004)
1. Updated OpenDWG Alliance components.
2. Added Support path Finder exe.
Visual 2.04.0004 (7/29/2004)
1. Changed location of temp files directories to avoid rights issues.
Visual 2.04.0003 (7/19/2004)
1. Changed Toolbar Graphics
2. CAD Import improvements
Visual 2.04.0002 (7/7/2004)
1. Removed Combined Power Zones who's reference zones have been deleted from the stats panel and Print Editor.
2. Added single selection feature when selecting shared edges.
3. Updated CAD import code.
Visual 2.04.0001 (6/24/2004)
1. Supports import of AutoCAD 2004, 2005 files.
2. Fixed issues importing deeply nested Xrefs.
3. Fixed issues with circular references in blocks.
4. Added export of images from the Print Environment to CAD.
5. Added more finely grained layers to CAD export code.
6. Support for Windows Large Fonts in the Print Editor - no more errors with text wrapping.
7. Streamlined the activation process and removed Administrator login security requirements.
8. Added Instructions form to the Help menu - assists users in mouse-click orientation.
9. Added LEED calculation zones which enable LEED light trespass calculations.
10. Added option to view the photometric web from each luminaire in the Design and Print Environments.
11. Fixed direct illuminance calculation issue with type C 90-270 photometry.
Visual 2.03.0071 (5/28/2004)
1. Fixed problem where mask zones were not selectable if the user changed the status of the calc zone to uneditable during the masking command.
2. Added Power Density Zones.
3. Moved all application data files under Documents and Setting folder for Windows security compliance.
Visual 2.03.0069 (3/30/2004)
1. Added flux balance safety catch to the Visual calculation engine.
2. Roadway Tool - Fixed problem with units labels not being updated on file open.
Visual 2.03.0068 (12/4/2003)
1. Fixed error where recommended IES illuminance values where not being converted to the current illuminance units.
Visual 2.03.0067 (10/29/2003)
1. Relaxed Windows security requirements for activation slightly.
2. Roadway Tool - Fixed bug in Graphics class. Was getting into infinite loop when dash length was rounding to 0 pixels in size.
3. Roadway Tool - Fixed bug with typing decimal values for lane width.
4. Roadway Tool - Fixed issue where tool was calculating multiple times when fields on the first screen were modified.
5. Roadway Tool - Added OffsetPts property to Calculation class. This allows the calc grid pts to start at the curbline (requested by a user).
6. Fixed bug where temp directory was not set when using file association to open a visual file.
7. Fixed bug where printer combo on Print Selection form was disabled if the default printer was not connected.
8. Fixed bug with long filenames being mangled to 8.3 filenames through file association. Setup program also needs to be modified to put quotes around file association data.
9. Fixed bug where LM units were out of synch if Pro units were changed between LM runs.
10. Included updated OpenDWG component.
Visual 2.03.0066 (10/03/2003)
1. Set PedestrianConflict property to return "Unknown" when it is not applicable to the current roadway classification. We were having issues with the printout before.
2. Fixed bug in printout of Pedestrian Conflict, it was looking at the wrong property.
Visual 2.03.0066 (09/24/2003)
1. Duplicate selection of points when placing and rotating an imported Lumen Method Tool run is no longer allowed.
2. Fixed graphical problems on the Splash Screen on computers with alternate font dpi settings.
3. Fixed error in reading 1995, 2002 IES files where a candela multiplier was being dropped.
Visual 2.03.0065 (9/9/2003)
1. Removed Deactivate from the Basic Edition help menu.
Visual 2.03.0064 (8/27/2003)
1. Updated IES Illuminance Selection dialog to the 9th Edition IESNA Handbook format.
Visual 2.03.0063 (7/18/2003)
1. Updated activation code in Roadway Tool and Visual.
Visual 2.03.0062 (7/11/2003)
1. Updated splash screen on the roadway tool.
2. Fixed bug in scaling calculation zones which have masked areas and statistical zones.
3. Added tooltips to the Illustration Editor toolbar.
Visual 2.03.0060 (7/9/2003)
1. Setup was not installing the Pro Edition help file.
2. Fixed bug in VersionNumberGet Function.
Visual 2.03.0059 (6/27/2003)
1. Cleared Registered To: field on the spash screen on a deactivation.
2. Separated Basic Editon and PRo Edition INI settings.
Visual 2.03.0058 (6/26/2003)
1. Fixed problem where Print Editor was not recognizing blank lines in notes and text.
Visual 2.03.0057 (6/26/2003)
1. Removed beta splash screens.
2. Switched to release mode activation ID.
Visual 2.03.0056 (6/25/2003)
1. Added new help files.
2. Added more desciptive message to the Roadway tool when the luminaires can not meet the specifies criteria.
3. Changed luminaire placement for veiling luminance in the Roadway Tool per IES Roadway committee plans.
Visual 2.03.0054 (6/19/2003)
1. Added Version Analyzer support tool to the setup.
2. Added veiling luminance luminaire extension option to the roadway tool interface.
3. Fixed undo functionality for the Modify -> Text command.
4. Fixed bug in file dialog where the first folder icon was being repeated for all folders on that level.
5. Added a comma separated values format export to the luminaire schedule for exporting to spreadsheets.
6. When drawing polygons, the line back to the anchor point is now dashed.
7. Roadway Tool was printing "fc" labels when operating in lux mode.
Visual 2.03.0053 (5/30/2003)
1. Fixed problem with selection procedure where selection would remain in "remove selection" mode after a command was terminated.
2. Fixed problem in reading EULUMDAT photometric files with 90-270 symmetry.
Visual 2.03.0052 (5/21/2003)
1. Changed Print form caption in Roadway Tool to reflect the current design.
2. Captions reading "Veling Ratio" in the Roadway Tool have been changed to "Lv Ratio".
3. Units have been removed under Grid Statistics on the Veiling Luminance Grid print out in the Roadway Tool. Veiling luminance values are ratios and unitless.
4. Fixed problem with post-top luminaires being imported from Visual into the Roadway Tool. Luminiares were not responding to arm length changes.
Visual 2.03.0050 (5/19/2003)
1. Adjustments for Large Fonts settings in splash screens and Luminaire Schedule.
Visual 2.03.0049 (5/12/2003)
1. Updated the software activation messages in RWT and Visual.
Visual 2.03.0046 (5/9/2003)
1. Up/Down key navigation added to Roadway Tool.
2. LAst screen of the Setup interface now launches Visual website.
Visual 2.03.0046 (5/8/2003)
1. Resolved problems importing luminaires into the Roadway Tool from Visual.
2. Stats panel now displays the calculation zone titles in the color of the calc zone points.
3. Fixed problem when erasing a mask zone from a polygonal calc zone. Points outside the calc zone boundries were appearing.
4. Changed the interface for the "Specification could not meet criteria" message in the Roadway Tool.
5. Changed the step 2 interface in the Roadway tool to function more like the Visual Luminaire Schedule.
6. Activate Dll - Added Registered To field on phone activation screen.
7. Activate Dll - Added code to prevent browser from displaying inappropriately.
Visual 2.03.0045 (4/24/2003)
1. Fixed problem with default template density being rounded to two decimal places by the Options form.
2. Fixed problem with Tilt & Orientation readout when reaiming multi-headed luminaire.
3. Fixed crash occuring when the printer properties form was being called by the Roadway Tool.
4. Roadway Tool contours no longer remain on the screen when the calculations are not valid.
5. Shift key now reverses the direction of a Calc plane normal when placing on a surface.
6. Fixed problem where Calc Plane normals would be altered on an undo and subsequent redo of a scale command.
7. Fixed problems trimming circles and arcs.
Visual 2.03.0044 (2/20/2003)
1. Fixed error in Print Editor where edited text would not show up properly on Win2000+ machines.
Visual 2.03.0042 (2/17/2003)
1. Updated the interface on the Activation form.
Visual 2.03.0041 (2/12/2003)
1. Changes hardcoded URL's in Visual to point at a redirection page on VisualLightingSoftware.com.
2. Changed color of the symbols on the calculation point icons menu to black.
Visual 2.03.0040 (2/11/2003)
1. CAD import now reads proxy object graphics.
2. Fixed a drawing problem when erasing a stat zone.
Visual 2.03.0039 (2/10/2003)
1. Added interface to reorder Luminaire Schedule items.
2. Updated software activation tool for beta release system.
3. Fixed bug importing frozen CAD drawing layers.
Visual 2.03.0037 (2/4/2003)
1. Project Properties now save to OLE file Summary Info fields. Added Comments field to Project Properties.
2. Updated CD browser.
3. Updated Setup. Added requirement for Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater.
4. Fixed bug in import of CIBSE TM-14 files that have 270-90 horizontal angles.
5. Fixed bug in output of IES files with 10+ tilt angles.
Visual 2.03.0035 (1/24/2003)
1. Fixed bug in window selection of multi-surface solids where the solid would be selected if only its last (ceiling) surface was selected.
2. Fixed bug in Lumen Method import code that changed the calculation points offset parameter such that subsequent calculation zones could be built incorrectly.
3. Added tooltips to Print Editor's schedule/locations editor column headers to make interface more obvious.
Visual 2.03.0034 (1/23/2003)
1. Fixed bug in Auto Calculate that was keeping calculation from firing after a mask zone was erased.
2. Updated Splash Screen graphics.
3. Uneditable objects now print gray.
4. Fixed bug in error handling of backup file save.
5. Updated DXF/DWG output for AutoCad 2004.
6. Corrected mapping of Visual colors to AutoCad colors.
7. Stat Zones now export to AutoCad.
8. Deactivation added to help menu of Roadway Tool.
Visual 2.03.0033 (1/20/2003)
1. Changing tilt, orientation or mounting height of luminaires in the Properties Form now keeps the aiming point in the original aiming plane.
2. Fixed hang in File Save that was occuring when a large number of objects had been deleted from one or more snap shots.
Visual 2.03.0027 (1/17/2003)
1. Added Construct – Text command
2. Added ability to change calc zone/stat zone point icons.
3. Added ability to specify independent stat zone colors, no outline.
4. Fixed error in engine code that caused "FF Error" messgage to be displayed during a calculation.
5. Added adaptive tolerance in engine code that reduced errors in models that are located far away from (0,0,0).
6. Fixed error in Properties form where objects were scrolled under the Sort buttons.
7. Added paper margin lines to the Print Editor.
Visual 2.03.0020 (12/5/2002)
1. Added .vsl file import feature to File > Import command.
2. Added Import and Export to Luminaire Schedule for saving and reusing Visual schedules.
3. Added place and orient feature in Visual when importing a Lumen Method Tool run.
4. Added undo/redo and cancel code for Lumen Method Tool import, Roadway Tool Import and .vsl file import.
5. Fixed scaling problems when importing a metric (m) Roadway Tool run into an English (ft) Visual File.
6. File Open, new and exit on Roadway Tool now abort if cancel is selected on Save Current File? dialog.
7. Fixed bug in Descritization engine (overlapping solids) that caused an overflow error.
8. Changed splash and open screens to new Visual graphics.
Visual 2.03.0016 (11/6/2002)
1. Fixed error in Lt_Roadway.dll Calculation class - Clear method was causing a hang.
2. Fixed infinite loop error in Lt_Roadway.dll Calculations class due to rounding.
3. TemplatesToLogicalWindow procedure in Visual was commented out on accident.
4. Changed parameter on the AutoCalTrack procedure from variant to long to fix bug with AutoCalc not firing.
Visual 2.03.0014 (11/4/2002)
1. Engine log now stored in vsl files for support reasons.
2. Relative polar coordinates now work consistantly in the X-Y, X-Z and Y-Z planes.
3. Fixed focus problem that was occuring after editing the name of a Calc Zone in the Statistics Window.
4. Updated the Discretization engine to use a more robust and faster area overlap algorithm.
5. Changed calculation status messages.
6. Changed the graphic on the close button on the Statistics Window.
7. Changed the default spacing for the array command.
8. Dynamic Property Bar now allows users to tab through the text boxes in addition to using the enter key.
9. The mouse pointer icon on the Open form now changes to a hand when over an option.
10. Textboxes throughout the program have been flattened for a cleaner look.
11. Options on the Dynamic Property Bar now behave like ribbon buttons to be consistant with the rest of the interface.
12. Roadway Tool import/export has been finalized and debugged.
13. Contours have been added to the RWT interface.
14. Roadway Tool print form and code finalized.
15. Roadway Tool options form changed to allow for setting of contour and statistical display options.
16. Added a batch calculation option to the Calculations menu.
Visual 2.03.0006 (9/18/2002)
1. Fixed problem with new Source retaining old Source's luminaire orientations when changing between some Source Types in Properties Form.
2. Fixed problem with snapshots exporting to Templates layer out of Print Editor.
3. Set min circle/arc subtended angle to 0.001 in Options Form.
4. Fixed print editor display problem with calc zones that have a min threshold and the max value set.
5. Added DWG export from both Design and Print Environments.
6. Changed code to allow for multiple instances of Visual.
7. Added import/export code for Roadway Lighting Tool.
8. Changed code to retrieve photometric data in Visual file if possible before promting user to select a new photometric file.
9. Unmask now fires an AutoCalc as it should.
10. Fixed problem with Extrude and Rotate commands leaving objects selected.
Visual 2.02.0144 (11/13/2001)
1. Added Roadway tool to Tools menu.
2. New Odx.dll for CAD import/Export.
Visual 2.02.0141 (10/15/2001)
1. Fixed error exporting CAD files on Windows 2000 machines
2. Fixed error importing CAD files containing certain entities
3. Changed print font so that certain printers will not print garbage rather than illuminance values.
Visual 2.02.0129 (9/10/2001)
1. Fixed bug where calculation zones would remain selected if the user right-clicks during a window selection, thereby aborting the command.
2. Fixed bug where the program crashes if a "." is typed as the first character in the orientation textbox when placing luminaires.
3. Fixed bug where maximum value on a calculation would appear in the max color even if below the lower range threshold.
Visual 2.02.0128 (8/30/2001)
1. Print Editor dialog boxes changed to resize properly in Windows XP.
2. Basic Edition help menu updated.
3. Masking updated to allow for multiple Calc Zone selection.
4. Fixed bug where selected surfaces of solids do not redraw as selected when the view is changed.
Visual 2.02.0120 (8/2/2001)
1. Resolved bug where planar polygons would occasionally be classified as non-planar.
2. Fixed problem with short path names under Win2000 & XP.
3. Fixed problem with Windows 2000 and NULL_PEN when drawing.
4. Fixed problem with toolbar buttons not popping when mouse is over them.
5. Fixed the problem with changing the Luminaire Type to a twin when aiming a single luminaire.
Visual 2.02.0117 (6/28/2001)
1. Improved "Resolving Interreflected Illuminance" calculation step to account for border cases.
Visual 2.02.0116 (6/28/2001)
1. Escape Key will Unselect all Objects and Redraw, if in a Static Mode.
2. Reduced the toolbar's system resource usage.
3. Fixed the Orthogonal mode turning off during a Modify command.
4. New File Dialog for IES file selection and VSL, DWG, DXF file selection
5. Luminaire Schedule includes LLF Calculator.
6. Added IES Recommended Illuminance Selection to the Tools menu.
7. Luminaire Schedule now reloads file if changing out IES files with the same name.
8. Statistical Zones bug fixed - zones no longer contain points outside its boundaries.
9. Added Array by Spacing option to rectangular array
10. Templates now export from model environment.
11. Can change Calc Zone colors (Default, Max, Min)
12. Sources & templates now work with negative mounting heights.
13. Can rename Calc Zones & Stat Zones in Statistics window.
14. Fixed metric paper size scaling problem.
15. Luminaires that are turned off are no longer displayed in the Locations Editor.
16. Can toggle display of Calc Zone values using the Properties form.
17. Fixed DXF crash with Source Types of zero Width or Height.
18. Added Surfaces Schedule to Print Editor.
19. File Open always attempts to use archived photometrics before looking for disk file.
20. IES Recommended Illuminance Selector no longer depends on MDAC.
21. Can now include/exclude individual child columns in Locations/Surfaces Editor.
22. Fixed problem with vertical overlapping of long calc/stat zone names in Print Editor.
23. Fixed problem with text overlapping onto the adjacent cell in Print Schedule.
24. Turning statistics window on/off is now a transparent mode.
25. Calc Zones, Stat Zones, and Stat Summaries maintain their collapsed/expanded state after a Stats reload.
26. Can now save default user settings for Basic Edition (separate from Professional).
27. Added watts per luminaire and LLF calculator to the Luminaire Schedule.
28. Can now display masks areas and delete mask areas.
29. Improved DXF export. New export layers from the Print Editor: luminaires, calculation values, contours , templates, background, solids.
30. Changes to the density of the calculation points for a Calculation Zone will keep the masked areas.
31. Extruded ACAD entities are scaled properly when imported.
32. Properties Form now redraws after OK if the form was launched from the object type state button shortcuts.
Visual 2.02.0092 (4/17/2001)
1. Fixed Type B calculation problem.
2. Added support for EULUMDAT and TM-14 photometry file formats.
3. Snap issues resolved.
Visual 2.02.0086 (3/23/2001)
1. Fixed negative extrusion bug.
2. Snap will no longer crash the program if set to 0
3. Calculation points on border of calculation zones are no longer being accidentally masked.
4. Print Environment - DXF export crash (extra illustrations) fixed.
Visual 2.02.0084 (2/13/2001)
1. Engine code improved - fewer errors due to tesselation resolution will occur.
2. Improved the Toolbar code to avoid crash on some Windows 2000 machines and crash going into the print editor.
3. Improved CAD import and export - 3D polyline bulges now imported. Export units.
4. Fixed text selection in trim command.
1. Calculation for the Maximum Distance a calculation can be made from a luminiare was not being affected by the
candela multiplier for that luminanaire resulting in zero values where light should be.
Visual 2.02.0065 (10/11/2000)
1. Windows 2000 error "Active X can not create object" when attempting to import has been corrected.
3 Basic no longer overwrites Pro user settings.
4. TV and Max Spill Calc Zones no longer display a normal.
5. Luminaires created by Lumen Method Tool now orient properly.
6. Fixed problem with sources exporting dark red from the Print Editor.
7. Fixed crash when rotating calc zones with more than 32767 points.
8. CAD patch for problem importing XREFs with frozen layers.
Visual 2.0 Service Pack 1 Release Notes (8/9/2000) ___________________________________________
1. Toolbars now work with all 4 MS OS's.
2. Print Enviroment printer API's improved.
3. Orientation and Tilt inputs in Properties From updated to take -360 to 360 date. Display bug fixed.
4. Side by Side components for Windows 2000.
5. Error 55 - File already open error corrected in engine file open/close.
6. Print Environment - Multi-Headed luminaires tilts now reporting correctly in Luminaire Locations table.
7. Resizing to larger screen resolutions improved.
8. Repeatitive error messages for Convert to Solid and Extrude removed.
9. [MORE] field in IES files now recognized.
10. Lumen Method Tool and Visual IES file validation differences removed.
11. Type B LM-63-1995 IES files are now being read correctly.
12. Ctrl + S now invokes a Save command.
13. Enter now opens/saves the highlighted file in the File and IES Dialogs.
14. Added Contours button to Basic Toolbar.
15. Changed Luminaire Labels button in Illustration Editor to separate Luminaire Label and Luminaire Count buttons.
16. Rearranged Options form categories alphabetically. Changed default screen to the Contours screen.
17. Fixed Command Line so that Z value stays at current value when only X and Y values are entered.
18. Can edit Statistics Summaries titles in Statistics window by right-clicking the node.
19. Major change property of Luminaire Schedule vertical scrollbar set to 5.
20. Added Use Symbol Color option for Templates on the options form. Also added Template Max Angle and Template Density properties.
21. Fixed scaling problem with Insert Image command in the Print Editor.
22. Increased Background and Source object lineweights in the Print Editor for better contrast.
23. Fixed problem with Templates and Aim Lines not displaying if Source is not currently on screen.
24. Relative Coordinates now resizing properly.
25. Functionality with International Windows Settings improved.
26. Properties command added to dropdown combo of Visual Objects visibility.
27. Changed Room and Structure menu items to Room\Structure.
28. Deleted or invisible Visual Objects are no longer exported to a DXF file from the Design Environment.
29. Luminance and Exitance added to the Properties screen.
30. IEs File Dialog improved/simplified with Listview. Users can now choose what header data they wish to see.
31. Visual backup files now saved for 30 days in the support directory. File association for the vbk files
has been added to the install script.
32. Product information web links added to Schedule Form.
33. Luminaire Labeling improved.
34. Added Program INI records for Import/Export, Image and RTF paths.
35. Properties Form - Changing Luminaire Head properties misdirection error fixes.
36. Title Block Editor now defaulting correctly.
37. Properties Form displays Background Text insertion points
38. Pressing the "L" key while in Selection mode adds or removes all (Active & Editable) objects to the current selection set.
39. Fixed graphical glitch with drawing selected objects.
40. Undo/Redo of Re-Aiming luminaires fixed.
41. Design Environment Export Fixed - Polygons are exported in proper colors/closed.
42. European standard Min/Max and Min/Avg statistics added.
43. MS Visual Studio SP4 adjustments made.
44. Templates now draw correctly with auocalculate on.
45. Properties form obeys the Fixed Aim Point option.
1. Luminaires now printing at appropriate line weight
2. Luminaires now visible when placing in plan view.
1. Complete AutoCAD 2000 compatibility added.
2. Toolbars rolled back - no Windows 2000 compatibility.
3. Improved discritiation routines.
4. Calc Zone values now appearing in 3D Print illustrations.
5. Error Saving PhotoData now fixed.
1. DXF Import Overflow Errror corrected.
2. IES File swapping in Luminaire Schedule form corrected.
1. Help About screen updated
1. Non-uniform scaling of arcs/circles now creates polylines/polygons that retain propeties on file I/O
1. Improved AutoCAD 2000 compatibility - AutoCAD 2000 can now read Visual DXF files.
2. Units saving bug corrected.
3. Treeview control rolled back to sync with LL IMS.
4. 2D Convex Polygon Clipping routine improved.
5. LT_CAD.dll and ODX.dll added for regression testing compliance.
6. Options form modified for additional remote engine support capabilities.
7. Print Editor: Contours were not showing up when one zone is perpendicular to the page.
8. Luminaire Schedule: Changing IES files to a round fixture was causing overflow.
9. Typing a new scale factor into the Illustration Editor Scale ComboBoxes now works smoothly.
10. DXF: Calc Zone values in 3-D planes are no longer displayed as horizontal lines.
11. DXF: "Error 9: Subscript out of range" when importing an AutoCAD file that contains a polyface mesh fixed.
12. DXF: Import of Visual created DXF's in Visual fixed.
13. Lumen Method: Can now enter row spacing for Calculation Zone when Room Height field has > 4 characters.
14. Tab order in Luminaire Schedule corrected.
15. Setup changed to reset program defaults each install.
1. Lumen Method Summary printout prints rotated luminaires correctly.
2. Relative coordinates are reset properly after an Undo.
3. The IES File path is no longer reset after the IES Dialog is canceled.
4. Changing all heads of a multi-headed luminaire to new IES files no longer causes an error.
5. DXF files include contours when exported from the Design Environment.
6. Entities in DXF files are exported in color, where possible.
7. DXF files include luminaire aim lines when exported from the Design Environment.
8. Calc values in DXF files are scaled relative to the Calc Zone column spacing.
9. Calc values in DXF files are exported as the default font rather than TrueType fonts.
10. The Delete key works on the Dynamic Properties Bar.
11. Input fields on the Dynamic Properties Bar no longer freeze.
12. Luminaire aim points are recalculated properly when the symbol is changed.
13. Tab stops are set correctly on the Luminaire Schedule.
14. The Luminaire Schedule no longer overlaps the Titleblock in the Lumen Method Layout printout when no statistics exist.
15. Placing an object in the Print Editor that contains a field consisting solely of a "space" character no longer causes an error.
16. The Print Editor redraws properly after secondary forms close.
17. Most corrupt entities are properly removed during file open.
1. TittleBlock: Delete the Logo no longer crashing.
2. Editor forms no longer showing up in Windows Taskbar
3. Print Snap button in Print Editor now works.
4. Recover menu item in Basic Edition has been removed.
5. Mouse Osnap Graphic clears on a File New now.
6. Pub Save File to Bytes bug fixed.
7. Advanced adaptive meshing tecniques added to fortify calculations.
8. Symbol Editor: Symbols now scale appropriately in metric units.
9. Orientation and Tilt angles for type B luminaires in the Print Editor are corrected.
10. Lumen Method Tool's IES file reader no longer limits to 132 characters.
11. Object snap now responds to Editable and Uneditable, but not invisible.
12. Solid Object window selection now only occurs if the entire solid is within the window, not just a single surface of the solid.
1. VB6 compiled version of 2.0.03 New Wise setup.
1. Massively updated geometric Library intersections, clipping, tesselation.
2. Exterior Mode corrected autocalc bug now only recalcs modified luminaire.
1. Fix Aiming Points Option added under Luminaire Category on Options Form.
1. Sampling Calculational problem fixed for most cases.
2. Units conversion bug fixed. Both numbers and symbol now rescale.
3. Osnap no longer pays attention to invisible/uneditable solids or background objects.